BCU Coaching the Mind, Foundation Module
This is ideal for Level 1 and 2 Coaches and anyone following a CPD programme in Paddlesport.
Course Dates –
13th January 2011, 6.30 – 9.30 pm.
16th July 2011, 9.30am – 12.30pm (see special offer package here).
Cost – £30 Course Fee plus BCU Certification Fee (£5 members, £10 non members).
Come and join us for this BCU Foundation Module. During this course you will learn practical ways to use sports psychology within your coaching and to improve your own paddling.
The course counts as a pre-requisite for those going to their BCU/UKCC Level 2 coach assessment.
INTERMEDIATE MODULE (6 HOURS) IS ALSO AVAILABLE
BACKGROUND / AIMS:
To introduce paddlers to the role of mental skills in paddlesport development and performance and To relate the area of mental skills training to coaching and paddler development and provide some working definitions.
• Introduce the concept of mental skills training to coaches in the
• Introduce the basic concepts of imagery training
• Introduce the basic concepts of concentration training and styles.
• Introduce the basic concepts of optimal arousal and arousal control
By the end of this module participants should be able to:
• Paddlers should understand the place and value of mental skills training in
• Paddlers should understand processes and practices necessary to develop
• Describe applications of imagery in paddlesport training and performance
• Understand multi sensory nature of imagery & internal/external
• Experience exercises in imagery training.
• Understand the various styles of attentional focus and the appropriateness
to paddlesport situations.
• Experience exercises in concentration training.
• Understand the concept of optimal arousal and its application within
• Explore strategies for lowering arousal and practice a basic relaxation
• Explore strategies for raising arousal and practice a basic ‘psyching up’