White Water Safety and Rescue
- To be arranged
These course run within the BCU ratios of a minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 6. Other Dates by Arrangement.
North East and Northumberland
Course Fee – £130 Including all BCU Certification Fees.
Delivered by BCU Level 5 Coaches, this exceptional WWS&R training course is designed for all paddlers operating in a moderate white water environment in either kayak or canoe.
In addition, the training is required for those seeking their 4 star leader (white water or open canoe) award. The objective is to provide the underpinning knowledge and teach simple and safe practical skills that can be applied appropriately. By it’s nature the course is very ‘hands on’.
- To improve individuals awareness of safety skills in the river environment.
- To teach personal survival skills.
- To teach throwline rescue techniques.
- To understand the need for structure in an emergency situation.
- To outline basic rescue protocols that prioritise the safety of the individual above all others.
- To introduce & develop the ‘clean rope’ principle.