BCU Four Star Leader Assessment – White Water, North East and Northumberland
Other Dates available by arrangement. (Minimum numbers required).
Course fee: £165
How ready are you for your Assessment? It couldn’t be easier with our simple assessment process. We start with a blank sheet and take notice everytime you behave like a four star paddler. At the end of the two days, if you’ve shown us enough at appropriate times and everything else is ok we give you your Four Star award.
Venue: Tyne or Tees river system in the North East of England
* Registration with the BCU – for information please see here
* Have completed the 4* Leadership Training
* First aid award (minimum 8hrs training including CPR)
* BCU White Water Safety and Rescue Training Course
* Provide evidence of 12 river trips (minimum 4 hours duration) in four different locations. This experience must include at least: 6 grade 3 river trips as a member of a group 6 grade 2-3 river trips as an assistant leader
* Candidates must be 16 or over at the time of assessment. Please note that candidates under the age of 18 can take the award, but cannot be deemed responsible for leadership by law until they turn 18, and must hold a current first aid award and have BCU coaching membership or private insurance.
* White water boat
* Dry suit or wetsuit that will keep you warm throughout the day.
* Throw line
* A 4m piece of tape sling
* Single anodized HMS style karabiner (HMS screw gate)
* Rescue knife
* Dry land clothing suitable for outdoor use.
* Food and warm drink
How to book
Contact Kim to reserve your place.